Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bless Her Heart!


I LOVE that my seeds were planted in Georgia and I grew roots in the South. My husband feels just the same way about Texas. Ryan will never forgive me for not delivering Avery Beth somewhere over the Texas border. He said when I was pregnant, that when "the time" came we would all head to Texas so his child could be a true Texan. Well....that did not happen. So even though our little girl loves spicy food and will own her fair share of cowgirl boots, he has a house full of Southern Belles and I love it!

Avery having a "nana" just the way she likes it!

How do I know Avery Beth is a true Southerner? Avery says, "HI!" to everyone we meet and even waves at all the boats on the lake. She may not have been born in Clayton, Georgia but she certainly acts like a local. Southerners like calling people by two names...Bobby Joe, Mary Helen, Avery Beth. She is a good eater and loves fried chicken legs, green beans (with lots of flavor), fried okra, bananas straight out of the peeling as well as walking around in just a diaper, smelling flowers, and begs for more time outside. She has good Southern girl manners with please and thank you and she often calls my mom, "Mammie" (instead of Bebe) just like Scarlett called her favor servant. My mom is not her servant but she certainly bosses her around enough to be one! She loves it when I pretend to be Britney Spears (a true Southern girl at heart) and sit in my lap and help me drive. Southern girls know how to handle things on their own....Avery Beth can use a screw driver to make repairs around the house! The best thing about being a Southern girl is we are raised to be independent and strong -there will be many blog posts in my future about that. The girl was made to be a Southern Belle.

We are having a GREAT time in Georgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment